NEW at Wild Horses Thunder for 2021: Featuring handmade weaving collections presenting the finest in uniqueness and style while combining traditional and contemporary weaving techniques on an eight shaft loom!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 all event photography has been canceled until further notice.
I will continue my event and sports photography as soon as state mandates allow Oregon to hold events again.
Thank you for your support 🙂
- Offering Horse Show + Rodeos + 4H-FFA, Community Events + Outdoor + Farm & Ranch + Commercial Photography and Video Productions
- Member of the Professional Photographers of America
- Rodeo Program Committee Chair, Media Manager, Official Public Relations Photographer at Chief Joseph Days Rodeo since 2010
- Media Marketing Director at Highview Angus Ranch since 2009
- Offering Horse Show, Rodeos Event Photography, and more
- Developing customized websites for your individual needs since 2000. Visit WildHorses.media for more info
I don’t think I’ve been without a camera since the age of sixteen. Starting out as a young and very enthusiastic equine photographer, I developed a passion not only for horses themselves, but also to capture precious equestrian moments on camera. When I wasn’t in the saddle, I was shooting pictures. My first camera was a SLR Canon, and two manual lenses. I learned it the “good old way” from setting the scene to aperture and timing. From what I remember, all my money went either into horse tack or photography expenses.
After many years of personal photography ventures in the United States and Germany (I basically gave my work away), I decided to join the path of professional photographers in 2000, an endeavor very much encouraged by my friends, family, and subjects in my pictures. Today I shoot with state of the art cameras that are able to perform at a top-notch level.
Since 2002, I live in beautiful Wallowa County, Oregon, where I try to find a balance with a busy schedule covering community events, High school sports, equine & rodeo events, website development, and taking care of WallowaValleyOnline.com as owner/publisher and editor.
I have been a part of Chief Joseph Days Rodeo, Inc. since 2010, where I work as the CJD Rodeo Program Advertising, Social Media/Digital Marketing Committee Chair, Public Relations Photographer, and webmaster.
. .~Angelika Ursula Dietrich Angelika’s photography work has been displayed in Cowboys & Indians (2016 & 2018) and various Oregon and Washington entertainment and vacation publications, Chief Joseph Days Rodeo Program (2019), at Art Gallery Festivals, private businesses, as well as for display advertisement for many clients in and out of Wallowa County including the Wallowa County Chieftain (2003-2007).
2019 Chief Joseph Days Volunteer of the Year2nd Place at the Wallowa Valley Arts Festival in Professional Digital Photography.
PAST AND PRESENT EVENT PHOTOGRAPHY:
- Chief Joseph Days Rodeo (2007 – current * Official CJD PR Photographer since 2010)
- Chief Joseph Days Ranch Rodeo (2012 – current)
- Wallowa County Barrel Race Association (2018)
- Wallowa County Stockgrowers Rodeo (2018, 2013, 2012, 2010)
- Mountain High Broncs & Bulls (2008 – 2016 * Official photographer)
- Mountain High Broncs & Bulls (2017 – current * Freelance only)
- Wallowa County Fair (2004 – current)
- Wallowa County Junior Rodeos (2003 – 2006)
- Rodeo Blowout, Milton Freewater, OR (2001)
Other event photography includes
- Wallowa County High School Basketball (2007 – current)
- Tamkaliks (2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2018 * Freelance only)
Commercial & Advertising Photography, Video Productions
- Wallowa Lake Vacation Rentals (2014 – current)
- Chief Joseph Days Rodeo (2010 – current)
- Highview Angus Ranch, Enterprise, Oregon (2010 – current)
- Wallowa County Chieftain, Production Manager, Freelance Photographer (2003-2007)