The 2016 annual horse judging tour was held Sunday afternoon, April 3rd. Twenty-two 4-H members judged four equine classes, one class of oral reasons, one class of identification and a class of hay.
The members judged a English Equitation class, a class of mares, ranch geldings, and a class of Paint gelding at the fairgrounds. A total of 350 points in the judging contest was possible. Gabrielle Wells, a senior, was the overall high point judge with a score of 316.
This is the first horse judging contest of the year. Members will have the opportunity to judge again at the Eastern Oregon Livestock Show and at the Wallowa County Fair. Their scores will be compiled and the top intermediate and senior judges will qualify to represent Wallowa County at the state competition.
- In the senior division (ages 15-19), Gabrielle Wells placed first (316), Maddie Tracy, second (326) and Marli Tracy third (324), and Teagan Miller.
- In the intermediate division (ages 12-14), Deidre Schreiber placed first (303), Cassidee Harrod second (293) and Rylee Wilcox, third (292).
- Other intermediates judging were: Brianna Micka, Jisu Lee and Maggie Zacharias. Juniors (ages 9-11); Johanna Wells, first (296); Josi Coggisn second (287); Bailey Vernam third (283).
- Other Juniors judging included: Rosie Movich-Fields, Addie Royes, Mason McDowell, Destiny Barney, Libby Fisher, Devin Schreiber, Eva Anderson and Quincee Zacharias.
- First year juniors: Lily Royes first (277).